Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day ~ Celebration of Fatherhood

I have to tell you, Twitter and my blog has not only been great self-rehab, but socially, it has allowed me to connect with amazing people from all around the world.  One of my followers has become a 'bestie' @mxryder78.  A guy bestie.  In my previous relationship, I lost many of my friends - both guys and girls because my ex was jealous/possessive.  I'm slowly building my friends network both virtually and in real life.  He shares the same music taste, originally from the West Coast (Cali), we're around the same age.  We discovered we liked/grew up listening to many of the punk bands from the 90's (Pennywise, Bad Religion, NoFx, etc.)  Anyway, this Father's Day post was inspired by him and a movie he recommended:  "The Other F Word"  Watch the trailer below to see what the movie is about.



It's on Netflix currently - I watched it Mother's Day weekend.  It was an amazing flick!  It made me laugh, jam out to music I used to listen to in high school and even made me tear up (Specifically Flea, Duane Peters and Art Alexakis' stories).

There were 20+ Dads (from musicians/singers to Skater/BMX Pros) in this movie. The main Dad is Jim Lindberg from Pennywise (@mxryder78's fave band!)They talked about their fathers, sharing insight of the choices they had to make in the transition of becoming a father.  Never mind who they are, it is clear and true across the board, as with being a mother, a father too must be courageous in fulfilling an important role in a child's life.

This Father's Day, I want to celebrate all the Dad's present, past and beyond.  My Dad, your Dad, Dads of Twitter, those who may not have had the best Father, or don't know who their Father is, I hope you had a male figure that was your father figure.  If not, then your mom, grandmother, aunt or any other individual that took care of you that you love and respect.  They've done their best to love us, provide for us and teach us.  Being a parent is not easy, but we do our best to do what's right and try to ensure our children become the adult we would want them to be.

I hope all you Fathers out there enjoyed your day.  Thank you for trying your best to provide for and love your families.  For doing the right things and keeping your head up when times get tough or life throws you lemons.  Love to you all.

Happy Father's Day!

Enjoy some of my favorite songs from a few of the bands in the movie!

"Bro Hymn" - Pennywise


"Don't Call Me White" - NOFX


"Recipe for Hate" - Bad Religion


"Father of Mine" - Everclear


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for recommending! So loved watching it - watched it twice actually. :-) xo

      Delete