Sunday, January 19, 2014

Funsies ~ Product Review


I thought it would be fun to write a product review of my new Kikkerland Pressure Point Massage Pen.

One night scrolling through my Home TL, I stumble upon a tweet showing a picture of a pen saying something about how it was a hit with the ladies (I tried searching for the actual tweet but couldn’t find).   I, of course, excitable to anything that vibrates, replied asking where one might purchase such a fine product.  I was @ back with the Amazon link.  So ordered, it was.

I was indeed excited when it arrived and opened immediately.  Yes, I did take the time to read the ‘Before using for the first time’ info, cause, nerd.  And for further nerdiliciousness, here are product specs, as listed on amazon.com:


Item Weight:  1.4 ounces
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches
Item Model number: 4300-A
Batteries: 1 AAA batteries required. (included)


Once the battery tab was removed, it was ready for use!  It seemed very simple to use.  The following are actual instructions:

To write: Twist tip until pen emerges”  – I don’t know about you, but that sentence alone caused a twitch…LoL  ‘twist tip…until emerges’.  I digress.

To massage: Press massage tip firmly against desired area.  Keep pressing to continue vibrating sensation.” – Mmmkay.


As a writing tool, this reminded me of the Pilot Brand, ‘Dr. Grip’.  It wrote just as smooth and the thickness was similar, less soft grip and with a slight bigger girth. I was pleasantly surprised that it wrote as well as it did! 










As a ‘Pressure Point Massager’, I tried it on my temple as shown in example of woman using on hers.  I also tried it on the pressure points as shown in hand and foot example.  All areas seemed to be fine being vibed.  Nothing extraordinary.  I did decide to try on two areas that I have experienced mild ache during a work day – my neck and shoulders. Although not noted on their literature, these two areas for me, felt fantastic.  I sit at a computer all day, typing, talking on phone, and constantly using mouse and keyboard.  The pen provided a distraction as well as a quick mini massage.  I didn’t actually use it at my desk lest I peak curiosity from co-workers as to what the buzzing sound was.

Ultimately, the product is as it claims to be – a pen and a massager. However, the underlying question still remains.  Is it a vibrator in disguise??

Vibrators vary in shape, size, speeds and functionality.  For the purpose of comparison, I’ll use a simple bullet vibe  to contrast the massager pen’s power, if you will.  I was going to use on my pussy, but my cat just wouldn’t stay still.  The buzzing noise made her want to fight it.  (Got ya there didn’t I!  Ha ha!)

Here’s an audio clip of each, you can hear the difference, hence allowing you to make your own assumption about power of the pen.  Makes this saying silly, when I twist the words around: ‘The pen is not mightier than the vibe’.


No comments:

Post a Comment