Monday, March 17, 2014

Music ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Although a cultural and religious holiday, St. Patrick's Day is often celebrated and associated with drinking and partying.  This year, a lovely virus has decided to hinder my ability to partake in any fun activities these past few weeks.  Boo.

In honor of the 'Irish' holiday, I have decided to highlight someone from Ireland.  An Irish singer/songwriter who I met via Twitter and other tweeps.  His name is Steve Boylan @StevieBoylan (I mention him in my Thanks and Appreciation post from January.) I wanted to share his music because I think it's beautiful.  He has a wonderful voice and the music with it's folk/bluegrass/bluesy, some acoustic/acoustic rock feel puts me in a soothing, calm, happy state of mind - which has been helpful during some of these real life debacles tackling me.  He does covers as well - Van Halen's Jump, Cat Stevens' Wild World and even Prince of Bel Air Theme Song.  Yes, you read that right.  No Jedi mind tricking here.  Well, the nerkgeek in me thinks it's a pretty cool and different rendition.  Oh, and he plays the ukulele too!

I hope you enjoy his music as much as I do.  I compiled a short playlist of some of the songs I enjoy:





I REALLY dig this one in particular. I love that he's playing the ukulele and his singing is mesmerizing, soulful and sexy.  Awesome.



Hope you all have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment