Sunday, September 7, 2014

Emotional Wave ~ Tsunami of Feelings, Am I Wrong?

Sometimes I find myself lost in emotional waves that are pleasant, which is when I go weeks without posting.  And then there are emotional waves that are reminiscent of a tsunami...there's a momentary drawback of my mind's shoreline, dredging memories of the infliction of disillusionment.  These memories in all it's abundance creates the tsunami's wave trough, an intense emotional ridge, cresting with a raging fury ready to thrash my delicately re-built shore.

It's easy to push your feelings in the shadows, into the corner of a closet of your mind and shut the door.  It sits quietly, undisturbed.  You try so hard to forget it's there because it pains you to think it even existed.  You beat yourself up about how you allowed such experiences to transpire and be written in your life...

This is what the emotional part of me in life is like, as a survivor of domestic violence.

Today, my happy place (Twitter/my blog) was confirmed to have been trolled by "the Ex".  Of course many of us thought he probably has, but it was finally documented and confirmed as such.  So, background...I have a 12 month restraining/no contact order against him, the only way we communicate is via text, which should be child related.  So, to get to the root of my falling off the stable emotional wagon today, after financial related texting, he drops this in the convo:

"...maybe I should show our kids and everyone all your dirty laundry tweets on Twitter and your blog."

I flashed back to my December 2nd, 2013 blog post, where I touch on domestic violence, utilizing a YouTube video clip of a scene in Labyrinth with David Bowie, where he is told, 'You have no power over me.'  Why did I flash back to that? When I read that specific line of text from the Ex, although a millisecond of a shock, the jolt sent me into an emotional retrograde.  Technically, this is a form of emotional abuse according to the infamous "Power and Control Wheel".  Of course, it took me all night to mill through the emotional distress, hence here we are.

First and foremost, for a 41 year old man to state this (in text no less) in reference to an 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl, is completely and utterly unacceptable.  To say you would show some one's children something that you know damn well you shouldn't, is a threat, is it not?  Secondly, show everyone else, IDGAF, MY Twitter and MY blog, is my safe haven, my solace.  Third, it is infuriating to say the least, that he calls my tweets and blog "dirty".  And lastly, it is equally infuriating that this 'dirty' labeling of his, encompasses my friends on Twitter and ALL my blog readers.  They are regular people who are enjoying the entertainment of Twitter and my blog.

Since when is someone expressing their creativity or socializing online or in person 'dirty'?!  My ability to WRITE my thoughts, ideas, feelings and emotions are beautiful, life affirming things.  That are MINE.  I refuse to let him and his words shit all over me, my friends and my happy place.

We all know now (because many of us - my family, friends, Twitter friends and blog readers - "had a feeling" he was trolling), FOR SURE, that he and his cohorts have cyber stalked me.  Let me give them something to think about if they probably didn't know, or if they did, remind them as they chose to turn the other cheek.

Without my Ex in my life, I can...

  • Make new friends in real life and virtually - female and especially male (as a matter of fact, after I met him, I lost ALL my male friends)
  • Not be accused of fucking any of my new friends
  • Not worry that I might miss a call at my work desk and get third degree questioned about where I was because I didn't answer my phone
  • Drive home from work at a leisurely pace, get stuck in traffic and not worry if I arrive home "10 minutes later than usual"
  • Go grocery shopping and TAKE MY TIME.  I have absolutely NO TIME CONSTRAINTS.
  • Volunteer my time if I want, however I want, to do whatever I want
  • Take dance lessons (I just started back Hula/Tahitian dance class recently!)
  • Make eye contact with men and not worry about being accused of doing something with them
  • Go out with girlfriends and freely go to different places in one night, because, isn't that what you do, when you go out?  I would be crucified for not being at the original place I said I was going to be at
  • Have lunch with a male co-worker without issues
  • Have a phone conversation in a crowded area and not be asked, "Who's that?  Who's there?  Where you at?  Who are you with?
  • Not worry about having someone smell my pantyliner (yes, that was TMI, but WHO FUCKING DOES THAT???)
  • Tweet anything that I damn well feel like Tweeting because it's Twitter (Do you even know what Twitter is, bro?)
  • Blog about anything that I damn well feel like blogging about, because, it's MY BLOG, you fuck.  And, the First Amendment.  (Oh, and those Erotica Snippets have nothing to do with ANY sexy time I ever had with you.)
  • not worry that I might be choked, man handled or hair pulled
  • and will, find myself a man who will treat me the way I deserve to be, not ever verbally, emotionally or physically abuse me, love me for who I used to be, who I am today, and encourage me to be the best that I can be.
There's more, but I'm tired and puffy eyed from crying in anger at his behavior and more importantly, that I have to deal with him for the rest of my life because, kids.

Since the song "Am I Wrong" by Nico & Vinz came out, I've related it to me with life.  When line is sung, "For thinking that we could be something for real", the "we" for some of you is another person, your significant other, for me, it's 'me and a beautiful, happy life'.  You know what?  I'm NOT wrong.





6 comments:

  1. Reality is his insecurity will destroy him in time... So happy you are free

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much aloha friend...without my Twitter and blog readers, I would struggle through this alone. Love you all. Thank you all for all your support. xo

      Delete
  2. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else — you are the one who gets burned.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it's time to put that chapter of your life behind you. Time for a fresh beginning! I know you will find someone who will allow you to be you which is a beautiful woman inside and out. Your words comfort me and help me deal with my own personal issues. I may not have been physically beaten but spiritually. You deserve nothing but the best and I hope I can be part of your journey in finding it! Always here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed my friend Swamp Chicken. ((Hugs)) Thank you for being you. xo

      Delete