Friday, December 6, 2013

Emotional Wave ~ Get a Grip TCA. Just ROAR!


We must not allow the demons of life to drag us to the depths of Tartarus.  I’ve been grabbed a hold of countless times throughout life.  I’ve been dragged feet first, swiftly and forcibly to the edge with a fierce death grip, making me dangle from my fingertips at the rocky edge.

My fingers are bleeding, I’m clutching with fear that I’ll lose myself if I give up and let go.  I look down below and see a chasm of nothingness, bringing me chills of doom and defeat.  My damaged heart weeps and struggles to continue beating as my inner strength tries so hard to fuel my mind to ‘change the nihilism channel’ that it’s fixated on.  My soul needs a renewed surge of energy, a feeding frenzy of positive vibes.

Through the inner turmoil and commotion, I stop and listen for a split second.  What is that I hear?  I hear cheering and clapping in the distance.  I feel warmth and see light.  Prying my sights from the chasm below, I focus my view up and away.  The light is soft and sincere, casting shadows of hope and silhouettes of support.  There’s laughter, joking, smiling, sounds of glasses clinking.  I feel them.  I hear them.

My family and friends are all here, both real and virtual; they toss me a rope that I seize with a hunger.  I muster my strength as they anchor with love; I pull my dangling, pitiful self up and back to my feet.  My inner self may be scratched, bruised and bleeding, but I’m alive.  I’m healthy physically and mentally.

I am a survivor.  I am a warrior.


With all these people behind me ... I’m coming for YOU.  Roar!




'You held me down, but I got up
Get ready 'cause I had enough
I see it all, I see it now'

-Katy Perry


No comments:

Post a Comment