Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Music ~ Mele Kalikimaka

I do indeed miss home, Hawaii, a lot.  Florida provides the weather similar to, but that's about it.  I wanted to share a few holiday songs we listened to growing up in Hawaii.  Mele Kalikimaka my friends.





We used to sing this song in elementary school...




Frank Delima is a beloved comedian in Hawaii.  I remember his visit to our elementary school to this day... (He even references my hometown, 'Ewa Beach', in this classic comedic song.)


Willie K was raised on Maui (where Crazy and my maternal grandparents are from).  He is a well known and loved musician in Hawaii. His version of O Holy Night I just love.  I hope you enjoy it as well.


Loyal Garner was another Hawaiian musician I heard Hawaiian Christmas songs from growing up.  She passed in 2001 from colon cancer.  She was much loved.  (My favorite song from her, which I first heard as a young child, not holiday related, is 'Shave Ice'.  Don't know what Shave Ice is? Matsumoto's is the place to learn.)


Greensleeves (Ukulele Solo)


Not music related...
Surfers love the waves around Christmas time...

Have a safe and happy holiday from TCA and Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Someone ambushed gumby and put ornaments on him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL! That's our beloved Frank Delima...he's precious. ;-) Did you like any of the songs in particular?

    ReplyDelete