Monday, December 9, 2013

Music ~ Missing Hawaii

You may or may not know, but Crazy Hawaiian @crazyazz808 on Twitter is my real sister. During a phone conversation this evening, she talked about how much she missed home...Hawaii; we're from the island of Oahu.

I just wanted to share several songs and videos that reminds us of the place we call home, where the majority of our family still reside.

"The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness".


"Honolulu City Lights"


"Hawai'i Pono'i"


"Humuhumunukunukuapua'a"


"Tiny Bubbles"


We love Spam.


Pidgin English


"Aloha 'Oe"
"Aloha 'Oe" (Farewell to You), which was composed in 1878 by Queen Lydia Lili'uokalani (1838-1917)
She reigned as queen of Hawai'i from 1891 till 1893.

Clip from Lilo & Stitch (Aloha 'Oe)

"Hi'ilawe (1972) / Aloha 'Oe (Instrumental)"


"I Miss You My Hawaii"


"Love and Affection"


**For the Ladies**
Island guys who dance hula...HOT.  If you ever get to live in
Hawaii for any period of time, yes, surfers are hot, but guys
who hula?  Check this out ...

(Notable parts of video: 5:13 & 5:32)

(I couldn't get the video to embed. Notable parts of video: 2:56 & 3:30- 3:45.  You're welcome.)



2 comments:

  1. Hum baby! Umm, that's a baseball saying.

    Humana Humana Humana, that's me tongue tied...

    I think I can pronounce the state flower actually, because my
    mom used to speak a lot of Japanese and Hawaiian. For some reason her maid (yes int he 1060's a LT Jg. salary could afford a maid in Japan, haha) knew quite a bit of Hawaiian...

    I have forgotten it all, mostly, But I can hear the sounds somewhat. LoL.

    My favorite is Tiny Bubbles.

    That's also the name of Stevie's chimpanzee, haha.

    His chimp appears infrequently, but I have him. He also wears Michael jackson's glove.... LoL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum. I mean hmm... interesting saying, deriving from "Come on, baby!" LoL. Tiny Bubbles. Yes, classic that one is. Stevie has a Chimp???

    ReplyDelete